Coincidence

Coincidence
By Definition

21 February 2012

Last Man Standing

CityTV here has been running the hell out of a promo about Tim Allen's new TV show "Last Man Standing." Finally giving in to the hype and since it happened to fall between a re-run of 30 Rock's Valentines Day episode and a new Suburgatory, Wes and I decided to give it a view.

Kinda half-watching the show, Wes and I find ourselves glued back to the screen when Tim Allen's character says "so what brings you to Denver?" Wes and I ask each other if we heard what we thought we did and then the character talks about coming from Durango. And then there's discussion about building a new store out by the airport in Thornton.

Yup - that's Colorado. And yes, yet another coinkeydink worth mentioning.

Oh, and P.S. The line that kept standing out in the promo was from Tim Allen's first line of the series: "It's good to be back", hinting on his return to TV, 12 years since Home Improvement went off the air. Wonder if there's any other hint that could be taken from that line?

1 comment:

  1. Hi,

    I have found a number of references to you and your blog posts/comments in my research on same-sex binational couples living in exile in Canada, but lifewithoutborders now seems to be down.

    I, too, am an American who immigrated to Canada with my partner. I am currently working on a project about people like us, and I would love the opportunity to talk to you about your experiences.

    I drafted a note to explain my project and my questions for you in more detail, but I couldn't find a way to connect without you without posting a comment on this blog.

    I can be reached at sarah.foy (at) ryerson.ca. Might you be willing to send me your email address, so I can send you a more detailed message about my project?

    I look forward to hearing from you.

    All my best,
    Sarah

    ReplyDelete